Monday, March 30, 2015

Hola

Hello Everyone!
I need everyone right now to go watch a video. Right. Now. HeLives.mormon.org or ElVive.mormon.org if you would like to watch it in the language of my people. It is super good either way! Go watch it and then come back and you may finish reading
Was that not just the best thing you have ever seen!?! AHHH. I love that video! I would like to invite everyone to share it! Whether it is on Facebook or email or show someone on your phone.. Just share it! We try to share it with everyone we meet! We will just walk up to people and be like, "Hey we have this cool video we want to share with you. Get out your phone and we will watch it." Then we watch it and we all shed a few tears. I am so grateful that He lives! And that because He lives, we live as well!
So this week has been fantastic! Every week is fantastic but this week is just extra fantastic! First of all... WE HAVE A BAPTISM. And this time it is actually going to happen! She is 14 years old and is as cute as can be. She has actually been coming to church for a while and Obisbo asked us to teach her the lessons. So we did and she is getting baptized on the 19th. It is such a blessing! And the crazy thing is that Hermana Marlowe and I were both fasting that we could have a baptism this next month and that same day she committed! We are so excited!
We also had a really neat experience this week with one of our investigators. We were teaching her about profetas! Except during our lesson, she wasn't really believing that we had a prophet on the earth today. At the end of the lesson we asked her to say the closing prayer. She didn't really want to but we talked her into it. She then proceeded to give one of the most beautiful and humble prayers I have ever heard. When she finished she grabbed her chest and just started to hysterically cry. At first I was worried she was having a heart attack or something because she was holding her heart like she was in pain. She cried and cried and then told us that she has never felt this way before. She said she felt peace and so much love inside her. We then testified to her that she was feeling the Holy Ghost and that he was telling her that what we had talked about was true. She looked at us like she didn't want to believe it but she knew it and she knew she couldn't deny it. It was so neat and special!
Womens Conference was soooooo good! We got to go to the Stake Center and watch it! The members were so nice because they set up a little room with a tv so the sister missionaries could watch it in English. I was very grateful! I loved the theme of being a defender of truth and a defender of the family. We all have an obligation to stand up for what we know to be true. I know I have had to do that so much on my mission! This week we had so many people attack us and try to bring us down. I had my first encounter with a southern baptist preacher and that was interesting... But what I have learned is that we receive so much strength when we testify of truth. Be fearless my friends in defending your beliefs.
I hope all y'all have a wonderful week! You guys are such an example to me and I love you all! Cuidese!
Hermana Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment