Monday, March 23, 2015

Hello my darlings! How is life? This week has been so amazing! And really weird.. but mostly amazing so it is ok! We found 11 new investigators this week! Everyone we talked to wanted us to come back and teach them! We have found so many people who are prepared to receive the message of the Restoration of the Gospel! Here is a funny story.. So go to knock on this door and a woman opens it up. She told us quite directly that she was not interested and that we should go away. But we don't take no for an answer.. we are missionaries. It is what we do. We told her what our purpose was and finally she let us come in. We started talking to her and her boyfriend and she really started to open up. By the end of our visit, she was helping us get her boyfriend to come to church with us on Sunday! Haha! She had a complete 180 change! And now she has a baptism date for the end of April! Woo!

I also got to go on an exchange this week. I got sent over to the West green area just for a day. And holy smokes. It was fancy compared to where I am! My first visit was with a member in her luxurious mansion. She served us smoothies and assorted berries on fine china. I felt so out of place! It was super fun to be in a different area for a little bit but I was glad to get back to the ghetto! My area is so much fun! I love it so much! 

So let me tell you about a few strange things that happened this week.. Well first of all.. You will never guess what I got to eat.. I got to eat some blood sausage.. What is blood sausage you ask? Well let me tell you. Pretty much it is just blood and nerve bundles that they put in a pot and cook until it is super thick. Then they shape it like a sausage and you eat it. It is just a big juicy scab. Bleh. It actually didn't taste that bad until they told me what it was. Thankfully, after being here for 4  weeks, my stomach can handle anything so I was able to eat it! 

I also got a foot massage yesterday.. Probably one of the strangest things that has ever happened to me. We were at a menos activos for dinner yesterday! She is this old Mexican lady and is as sweet as can be! Anyway she started telling us all about reflexology and how when you massage your hands and feet that it helps relax other parts of your body. I was asking her questions about it and she told me to give her my foot. I didn't know if I understood her correctly so I just kinda sat there. So she grabbed my foot and put it right on her lap. Then she took of my shoe and proceeded to massage my feet. Hermana Marlowe couldn't stop laughing because it was so strange! I didn't know what to do because she was speaking spanish like 90mph.. It was so funny! I wish you guys could all come meet the people I visit with! They are all hilarious! 

I hope all is well with all y'all! Have a great week and remember who you are and what you stand for! I love you guys! 

Hermana Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment