Tuesday, February 24, 2015

The End of the Beginning.. Dun.. Dun.. dunnnnn‏

HELLO EVERYONE!!!
Today concludes the end of my CCM experience! Tomorrow I am off to Texas! (Fun fact, in Spanish Texas is pronounced Tay-has.. So theres that) Anyway... This week was one of the best weeks I have had here! And also one of the saddest.. Esta Bien! 

Let me begin with one of the coolest experiences I have ever had! So on Friday we had a surprise TRC. TRC is when we just go in and teach random people. Real people!! Not teachers! Well anyway, on Friday a ward came to TRC for their ward activity. I think it was a primary activity because there were so many little kids! They called our district in to teach and it was one of the coolest things ever! All the little kids had little missionary tags that said future missionary. I died a little inside. It was so precious. It made me so excited to get out in the field and start teaching for real! The kids were so honored that they got to talk to the cool missionaries. (Because lets be real.. we are pretty cool..) They had such a little light and excitement about them. Missionary work is the best! 

I also had to speak in sacrament this week... I have avoided it for the whole time I have been here and finally Presidente Machado realized I hadn't had an opportunity to speak. Haha! The talk was on faith so it wasn't that bad! I am a little nervous for this Sunday though.. I have a feeling the ward I am assigned to is going to call me up and have me bear my testimony and introduce myself. My Spanish is pretty good but it sure isn't great. Oh well! I am sure the gift of tongues will help me get my message across! Pray for me! Our district also had to sing in sacrament meeting. We decided to sing la oracion de un niño. (A childs prayer) It is really hard to sing in spanish!! It goes super fast!

This week we also had to take a little spanish test on the computer... They would give us 20 seconds to read this story and then we would have to teach a lesson to the person in the story. It was.. fun... I passed so I guess I can survive in my mission! 

I also had to give the missionary purpose in front of the whole CCM last week. It went fine.. except when I get really nervous I smile really big.  So I guess when I went up there I was a little too energetic and I made everyone laugh... Haha.. I was so embarrassed.. But its ok! It takes a special kind of person to make 300 people smile! Oh and David Archuletta was here visiting and I missed him! He was just in the area and he stopped by the CCM and I missed the whole thing. I am only slightly bitter about it. 

We also had to say goodbye to our district this week. It was so sad! A few tears were shed. It is amazing how close you can get to a group of people when you are all unified in the Lords work. My district was my little family while I was here and I am going to miss them so much! But it is ok because I know we are all called to do great things! 

Well anyway, I hope you are all having a great week! I love you all so much and you are all in my prayers! Remember who you are and what you stand for! Until next week my loves! 

Hermana C.   

No comments:

Post a Comment