Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Houston...here I come!

Hello!! Que Pasa? This week has been one great week! I can´t believe how fast the time goes here! One more week and I will be in Houston! WOOOOOO!!! We leave next Wednesday and I am SO. PUMPED.

So we watched a devotional from Elder Bednar on Sunday. It was amazing and pretty much changed my life. I have no idea what it was called but if you need something to do, look up Elder Bednar Provo MTC devotional.. cookie monster.. natural man.. And hopefully  you can find it! It was phenomenal. He talked about how the Atonement is the character of Chirst. It was all about how we all need to turn outward when the natural man would turn inward. I decided to get a little paper back Book of Mormon and just mark it looking for examples of true conversion and the character of Christ. It has been amazing! This gospel is so amazing! Also, I read another great talk from Elder Bednar this week! It is called The Atonement and the Journey of Mortality. I would challenge you all to read it! It is a good one!

We taught our investigator more this week. Here is a funny story! So we were teaching her about the Word of Wisdom and she explained to us that she has an addiction to cigarettes and she doesn't think she can quit. So I decided to share with her 1 Nephi 3:7 (ya know.. the Lord will give us no commandments unless he prepares a way for us to accomplish it) Anyway, I told her that Nephi was faced with the challenge of building a ship and knew that he could do it through the Lord.. And that she could do anything through the Lord as well.. It was a great lesson! Except afterwards I realized I used that scripture in the wrong context.. And then I felt bad for teaching false doctrine. Haha! My life is so awkward. 

Speaking of awkward.. Here is another story.. So the whole time I have been here I have been DYING for a street taco. I real mexican street taco!! None of my teachers will take my pesos and go get me one!! Anyway.. We were walking back from service the other day and this man on this bike thing (It looks like the little motor bike on Nacho Libre) comes up and asked us if we liked tacos! I got so excited because I thought he was going to give us one! So I ran over to him and was like YES! YES! YES! I LOVE TACOS! Then he just looked at me and said "Yo Tambien" (Me too..) Then he drove away and i sat down in the middle of the street and almost cried. The end. 

I have also had to be the investigator literally every day this week! Our teachers will do a teaching demonstration and they always ask me to be the investigator! Im not going to lie.. It gives me a little bit of anxiety because I have to do it in front of everyone!!! But at the same time it is really fun.. I always just pick a family member or a friend and act like them! It is so cool to see how the gospel can bless the lives of every single person! Everyone needs this message! Tonight I have to lead the whole CCM in the missionary purpose.. In spanish! I have been practicing every day but I could use some prayers because I am super nervous! Haha! It will be fine! 

One last thing.. There are these candy bars that I have just discovered.. They are called Bueno Bars. And they are very very very bueno! They are little globs of hazelnut butter wrapped in a cookie and dipped in chocolate.. I die a little inside every time I eat them. SO. GOOD. 

Sorry this one is a little short! I hope all is going fantastic back in the states! This gospel is so true! I would like to challenge everyone this week to share the gospel with someone somehow! People need this message in their lives! Have a wonderful week! I love you all!! 

LOL (lots of love)

Hermana Christensen 

No comments:

Post a Comment