Monday, March 7, 2016

Hola!

Transfers! It literally just feels like we had transfers. Time is
going by so so fast! I will be staying in Houston 6 for yet another
transfer. I'm really happy because I love this area! My little
compaƱera is getting sent away from me. This whole training experience
has been really fun! I am going to miss her!

We had MLC this week! We talked a lot about helping the missionaries
teach the "why" of the gospel. It is one thing to present doctrine and
something else to help people understand how it applies to them.  We
should always have the end goal in mind and before we teach anything,
we should ask why.

We had a surprise visit from Sister Bonnie L. Oscarson (General YW
President) and Sister Carol M. Stephens (1st Councilor in the General
Relief Society Presidency). They met with all the sister missionaries
and gave us some training! I learned so much! This Sunday we have
Stake Conference and Elder Dallin H. Oaks is coming! I am starting to
wonder if the church is going to move to Houston because everyone
keeps coming down here to visit! Haha! It is so awesome to have the
opportunity to meet with so many General Authorities!

In other news.. I finally got sick. I thought I would make it out of
my mission without ever missing a day. Nope. I woke up Saturday with a
high fever and was out of commission all weekend. It was literally the
worse experience of my entire life. Haha! Missionaries can not afford
to be sick! There is too much to be done!!!

The Easter initiative starts this Sunday! I am so excited! As
missionaries, we get a special sneak peak at the video before it comes
out. It's really good this year! I'm so pumped to use it in our
finding and teaching efforts! I would like to encourage everyone to
share the video with everyone when it comes out!

Well, have a great week! Read your scriptures!!! Love you all!

Hermana Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment