Monday, March 28, 2016

Buenas!

Hola!

Esta semana fue llena de milagros! Aprendí muchas cosas! I just love
being a missionary!

We had a family history training this week. It was so good! President
Mortensen is so inspired. He is starting this program with us where we
are going to start teaching family history classes to the community,
in colleges, schools, library's, ect. He created these lesson plans
that teach step by step how to use family search and how to do
research. We have been piloting them in colleges and they have been
crazy successful. The classes are jammed packed! They have been so
successful that family search actually called President and told him
they want to take his programs and implement them across the church.
It is going to bless the lives of people all around the world!! I have
really gotten into family history being out here on a mission. We are
only given an hour a week to actually do it, but I am learning a lot!
It is so much fun! And super addicting! And it is super effective to
convert people to the gospel! Family history can turn hearts! And the
Book of Mormon can change them. I can't think of a more powerful tool
for missionary work!

We had an awesome week! We had a lesson yesterday about the Atonement
during church. I was sitting next to Oralia. Right after the class
ended she turned to me and just started telling me all the revelation
she received during the class. She said she had never understood the
Atonement until now. It was a really tender moment. The best thing in
the world is watching people realize they have a testimony. She is
getting baptized at the end of April!

We had another encounter with a southern preacher this week. We
usually have about 1-2 a week. Haha! At the beginning of my mission, I
never knew how to react when people bluntly tried to fight with us.
Now I just kind of laugh to myself when people start going off. I have
learned that the best thing to do is just to patiently listen and then
bear powerful testimony and then leave them with a card. I have a lot
of good stories to tell y'all when I get off mission.

Well I hope you all have a great week! Read in the Book of Mormon
every single day! I love you all!

Hermana Christensen

This is our English class! And Nacho libre corn aka "Helote"

No comments:

Post a Comment