Monday, March 21, 2016

Me encanta ver el templo

Hola! Hola!

Sorry I was unable to write last week! We had to fix a car. Haha! We
are seeing so many miracles! I love being a missionary. This past year
has been the best year of my entire life. I just can't believe it is
quickly coming to an end. (Wipe away the tears)

Anyway, Oralia is finally getting baptized! Woooo! We have been
working with her since I got to H6! She is the most golden
investigator I have ever been blessed to teach! I love her so so much!
We have been fasting with her and helping her get all prepared for her
baptism! It is going to be so beautiful!

We had the opportunity to go to the temple last week! Our mission is
gearing up to start this huge family history initiative next week. It
is really amazing. We have started is thing called, "faith meets
families." Every fourth Friday of the month the temple is reserved in
the evening for recent converts to take their family names to the
temple. It is literally the cutest thing ever! We have been having so
many little recent converts go for the first time! Anyway, in
preparation for all the family history fun, President Mortensen told
us we could go to the temple if we found our own names. Everyone in
our district found one and we were able to go and do all the work for
our ancestors! It was amazing! I have only been to the temple three
times on my mission and so it is always so great to go! I didn't
understand the importance of family history until I came out on my
mission! Everybody do your family history!!

I have gotten to the point on my mission where I have to eat tortillas
and salsa with everything.

We had our ward conference yesterday. It was so uplifting. Every
Sunday I always feel so uplifted! The Houston 6th Ward is a very
Celestial place. We talked a lot about Sabbath Day observance and the
importance of the sacrament. I never realized how important the
sacrament was until I came on my mission. We literally can not return
into the presence of God without the sacrament. I would hope that
there would never be anything that would take priority from being at
church on Sunday!

Well I love you all! Here are some pictures from the temple! We also
decided to have a war today for Pday. It was a really dumb idea.
Hahaha! I am covered in flour as we speak.

Con mucho amor,
La Hermana Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment