Monday, February 29, 2016

Hola

Hola!

This week was super full of miracles! It was probably one of the
greatest weeks of my mission! First of all, Hermana Vandyke and I
broke the world record for people contacted in one day. Just kidding.
A lot of our appointments canceled on Saturday so we decided we were
going to find. We contacted people for 4 hours straight. We went down
to this street called "Greens" (it is sooooo ghetto) and we just
walked up and down and hit up a bunch of apartments. At the end of the
day, we had invited 101 people to learn more. We saw so many miracles!
The first door we knocked on was this man who told us the night before
that he had been praying that God would lead him to the true church.
He was so shocked when we shared a little bit about the Restoration.
He kept saying "the good Lord is so good." We were like yes, yes He
is. We also found a bunch of less active members. That tends to happen
more then you would think. We always find people who were baptized
back in their country and then lost contact with the church when they
came to America. My planner is packed with information to find all
these peoples records. Haha!

We also had a surprise baptism this week! His name is Noel Marquez.
Him and his wife are literally some of my most favorite people I have
ever met. Noel had been taught for over a year. He was just waiting
for permission from church headquarters. He finally got permission and
was baptized on Saturday! It was so beautiful! He couldn't stop
smiling!

I went on exchanges this week with my little Hermanas. It was so fun.
I love seeing all the good work everyone is doing in this mission. The
Texas Houston Mission is literally the best mission in the world. We
are seeing incredible success here! Blessssings!!!

I'm almost done with training! We have transfers next Tuesday. Ah. I
am probably going to be transferred... To my last area. I realized the
other day that time is going by way to fast and that my mission is
almost done. It makes me so so sad.

Anyway, have a great week! Read your scriptures and say your prayers!
Love y'all!

Hermana Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment