Monday, January 4, 2016

2016

Hola! 

I am so sorry I didn't have time to write an email last week! I am so busy I barely have time to breathe! Haha! Life as a sister training leader/ trainer is a little intense but I love it! I have learned so much these last few weeks and I have really watched myself grow. It has been a wonderful opportunity to serve at a new capacity. 

This last week was super awesome! I became a marriage councilor in one of our appointments for the first time in my life. Haha! We were teaching this part member family and all of a sudden they start telling us all their marriage problems. Then they started fighting.. then they started to try to get us to take sides.. My poor little companion couldn't understand a thing that was going on and kept looking at me all concerned. I got really bold with them and pulled out the family proclamation and made them read certain parts together and then made them commit to start praying as a family. It was so interesting because we have zero experience with marriage and yet we can still tell these people exactly what we need because we have a knowledge of the gospel. I have noticed this as well with other investigators. These people will literally confide in two 20 year old girls who have little to no life experience and expect us to have the answers to some of lifes hardest questions. And the great thing is that we have all the answers! The gospel can literally fix any problem in the world. We are so blessed to have this knowledge! 

We have been finding new people like crazy. Finding has always been one of my favorite activities! I love talking to people. It is so fun to watch the change in peoples lives as they begin to accept the gospel! 

I realized today that I am about to hit my year mark. I still feel like I just got to Houston. Missions seriously go by so fast! It makes me so sad that it will all have to end someday. :(

I hope you all have a super great week! I love you all! Make sure you are reading your scriptures!!!! 

Con amor,
Hermana Christensen

Luke 22:31-33

No comments:

Post a Comment