Monday, January 11, 2016

One Year Mark

I hit my year mark this week! It feels like it has all been a dream. I was looking back at the beginning of my journal and I was shocked at how much I have changed during this mission. This last year has been the best year of my entire life! I have learned and grown so much! What a blessing it has been to share this glorious message with the people here. I am so grateful for the opportunity to serve! 

I had my first mission leadership council this week. We talked a lot about new standards for the mission and how we can increase our finding efforts. Then on Friday I got to teach everything we learned to the rest of the zone. It was so fun! I had like a thousand meetings this last week. I remember when I was younger that I would always complain when ever my dad or mom had a bunch of meetings. I feel like I understand now. Haha! There is a lot of planning in the work of salvation! 

We had a lesson with one of our part member families the other day. We asked their five year old, "Why do we take the sacrament?" and she responded... "For the ducks and the beavers." I am still laughing about it five days later... 

We celebrated Three Kings Day with one of our investigators. It is such a strange holiday. Pretty much all you do is eat this big bread thing. It kinda looks like a huge doughnut. Inside the bread are a bunch of little plastic babies. They are supposed to be baby Jesus. If you get one of the babies then you have to throw a party for everyone else and make tamales. So random. I think I am going to keep this tradition going in my future family! Haha!

We have a super awesome baptism coming up in February. Her name is Oralia! She has already finished the whole Book of Mormon and is now working on Jesus the Christ. She is so awesome! She told us yesterday that the first thing she does when she wakes up is read two chapters of the Book of Mormon with her family! She is such an inspiration. I am so excited to her to be baptized! 

I hope you all have a super great week! And I am so sorry that I have been slow at responding to some of your emails and letters! I barely have enough time to think! Haha! I am working on them though! Patience is a virtue! 

Read your scriptures and say your prayers! 

Hermana Christensen  

No comments:

Post a Comment