Monday, November 16, 2015

Hola! Hola!

Hey friends!

So this week was awesome. I LOVE THE GHETTO! We are finding new people
like crazy! This Ward is the best Ward I have ever served in. Like 80%
of the Ward are converts so they LOVE the missionaries! They are
always giving us gifts and buying us really nice skirts... The skirts
are a little special.. On Saturday we had..... FIVE dinners back to
back. I was crying by the end of the day. Our investigators always
want to feed us and all the less actives want to feed us and the
members! It's a blessing and a curse. We can't say no either because
Hispanics get really offended when you don't eat. It's how they show
their love..

We set a baptism date with one of our investigators named Jose! He is
so awesome! He already pays his tithing every week and yesterday he
fasted with us. He is going to be baptized in December! Yay! We also
had a baptism on Wednesday with a little muchacho named Jesus! It was
so beautiful! I love watching people be baptized! There is such a
special spirit!

So I was called to be the district language leader. Pretty much all I
do is just teach Spanish for an hour before district meeting every
Friday. At first I hated it but now it's super fun! This last week we
got a phone call that President wanted to come to our language study
and district meeting. His daughter just got home from her mission and
she wanted to see how we do things here. So President decided to take
her to the best district in the mission! Haha! Anyway.. I was super
scared that president was coming and I stressed and stressed for days.
The day of our language study came and President didn't show up!!! I
was so relieved! He came to our district meeting but skipped out on
the language study. The power of prayer is real!


 Elder Packer is here in our mission! He is President Packers son. We
have a mission conference with him tomorrow! I am so excited!!!!

Anyway.. Have a great week! Read your scriptures every day! Invite all
your friends to church! I love you all!

Hermana Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment