Monday, August 31, 2015

911 and Stake Conference

Hellooo!

Things are on fire here. Literally. Everyone lights everything on fire.  Alsooo, the work is on fire!!! We had such a great week! We were able to set 3 baptism dates with our investigators. They are so excited! And we are excited tooo! It is amazing how when we place all our trust in the Lord, we see so many miracles! We are hoping this week to set 6 more baptismal dates with another family we found. I love Conroe! 

We had stake conference yesterday. We are very special because the Houston North Stake is one of five Spanish only stakes in the US. We are very blessed to be able to have stake conference in Spanish! It was such a good conference! Let me tell ya.. Spanish stake conference is a HUGE deal. They go all out to make it a special experience. They had fancy little programs and the choir all had their little flowers pinned to their shirts. So cute! Hispanic culture is seriously the best! The talks and testimonies that were given were so good! They talked a lot about building our foundation on Christ and strengthening the family! 

We had a bit of an interesting experience yesterday. We were out knocking doors and we get to this one door and hear someone screaming bloody murder inside. We listened for a second and it was a woman frantically screaming for help. We knocked on her door and asked her what was going on. She kept screaming and crying and told us she was trapped. We opened the door only to find a huge ferocious pitbull waiting to kill us. We closed the door before the dog got us and Hermana Lowry immediately called 911 and I just said a quick prayer. The lady continued to scream and plead with us to come in and help her. After I said the prayer, I felt a distinct impression to open the door again and go inside. So using all my courage I opened the door again and walked inside. The dog kept barking and growling at me but it stayed in a corner of the house. I literally believe angels were holding the dog back. I walked in and sure enough, there was a lady trapped under some weights. She had been bench pressing and her arms gave out and she was stuck. I was able to get the weights off her and help her up. She was fine after that and we went on our merry way. One thing that I have learned on my mission is the importance of following the spirit. We always need to act on promptings! You might just save a life! :)

Well have a wonderful week this week! Say your prayers and read your scriptures!! I love you all! 

Herm. C.

No comments:

Post a Comment