Monday, April 27, 2015

Hola Amigos!

This week was incredible! I have to tell you about one of our little investigators! His name is Tonio and he is literally made of gold. Literally. Gold. We were walking down the street and he actually came up to us and asked us who we were. We told him and he asked us to come and teach him! We were like Claro que si!!!!! We have taught him for about a week and he is already ready to be baptized! He just eats up what ever we teach him! He is so humble! Our only problem with him is that he is too humble to ask for things in his prayers! He had a hard time asking to know if El Libro de Mormon was true. He said that when he prays, all that comes out is gratitude. But he is learning and is starting to get answers! He came to church yesterday and LOVED it! He even shed a few tears. And our ward was so great at fellowshipping him! It was a beautiful. Hermana Rupp and I were so happy! Maaahhh! I love la obra misional! 

I had my 8 week follow up this week! It was so good! We had to do role plays and we talked to President about how we are doing and all that jazz. It was a little intimidating, but good! I got to see all my old CCM friends. It was super fun! It was fun to talk to them in Spanish. We were all so terrible in the CCM and now we can all hold a conversation with each other! Yay for progress! 

Here is a funny story for the week. So Hermana Rupp is terrified of dogs. And in my area, stray dogs run around like squirrels. There are so many! Anyway, one day we were walking up to this house. It had this tall wooden fence around it with a gate. We opened the gate and walked up to the door when all of a sudden this little dog comes out. It starts growling at us and barking in a very threatening way. I was determined to get to the front door so I kept walking towards it. All of a sudden it started to run at us.. and then another dog appeared and started chasing us too. I turned around to run just to see Hermana Rupp leaving the yard and closing the fence behind her… Leaving me in there with the dogs. I started running and she finally realized what she did and quickly opened the fence and let me out before they killed me. She felt so bad for leaving me in there! It was so funny! Well, at the time it wasn't funny, but now it is! 

We also discovered this thrift store. It is called the value village and everything is like 2 bucks and looks like it just stepped out of 1975! We go there every p day and get some pretty fabulous clothes. It is my new favorite store! 

Things are going great over here! I love being a missionary and I love being in Houston! The Church is true my friends! Keep it real! 

Hermana Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment