Monday, April 13, 2015

Grasshoppers

Hello friends!
So this week was fantastic! I was super scared to take over the area and get a new companion but all is well! I actually got two new companions! Yay for trios! Their names are Hermana Woodard and Hermana Rupp. They are so much fun! I love being in a trio because I get to see so many other ways to teach! Hermana Woodard is from Oregon and is so strong! She is the only active member in her family and she doesn't get much support but her testimony of the gospel is incredible. She is already blessing the lives of everyone in this area! Hermana Rupp is hilarious. She is from Utah and is an amazing missionary. She is so friendly to everyone and is really good at breaking the ice when we meet with a new investigator. I know that the three of us are going to do some amazing things together!
 
So we have been trying so hard to put our areas together this week. We now have so many investigators! Almost too many! Just kidding. There are never too many investigators! We currently have 45 people we are trying to work with. This week we have had appointments literally every single hour. We are working so hard! I know we will see so many blessings because of it. We had an investigator come to church on Sunday! It was a miracle because getting people to church is like pulling out teeth. It is a struggle. But she came and she LOVED it!!
 
We went to visit this menos activo family this week. They fed us grasshopper tacos. Bleh. We told the woman we would only eat them if she committed to read her scriptures every day. She committed and so we ate her tacos. They actually weren't that bad, just very crunchy! I just tried not to think about the legs and the eyes and all that jazz. Missionaries will sacrifice anything to get people to come closer to Christ. Literally anything.
 
My Spanish improved 200% this last week. I know its because I have had to take action with the people in my area. I didn't realize I knew so much until I was forced to speak it. I can now talk to people on the phone which is a huge accomplishment. I am still no where near fluent, but I am getting better! Yay!
 
Pues, muchisimas gracias por todo! Yo se que la Iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los Ultimos Dias es verdadero! La obra misional es da bomb. Disfrute su dia mi amigos! Para siempre Dios este con voz! :)
 
Hermana Christensen
 

No comments:

Post a Comment