Monday, July 20, 2015

Helloooo!

This week was a very interesting week. Let me start with the story of how I had to sing in front of President Mortensen.... Once upon a time there were some elders who were going to have a baptism on wednesday and they needed a musical number. But unfortunately, these elders struggled a little bit with planning... So they asked me and Hermana Haslam the morning of the baptism if we could sing a little something something in espanol. Hermana Haslam told them we would. I was not a happy camper when she told me. Just because I have never sang a duet with anyone before and my vocal abilities struggle hard and also, we were jam packed with appointments. We barely had any time to prepare, but we were able to pick a song and run through it a couple of times. Wellll... The baptism was supposed to start at 7:30 that night and we had an appointment at 6. We went to our appointment and the people we were teaching decided that it was story time. They talked non stop until 7:20 when we finally had to just tell them we had to go. We jumped in the car and tried to speed to the church. We didn't get there until about 8:00 because there was a huge train that decided to just chill for like 15 minutes. I thought we would be ok because usually when Hispanics say it starts at 7:30.. what that really means is 8:30.  Well we get to the church right after the baptism had been performed. As we walk in, guess who is there.. Yep. President and Sister Mortensen. I wanted to die. I felt so bad for being late but at the same time I was kinda relieved because I thought maybe we got out of our musical number. Hehe! But the elders were so kind to make sure we sang... They called us up there and we pulled out Hermana Haslams ipad to use to read the words. The lady at the piano started the intro before we even had it pulled up.. So we had to stand there for like 10 awkward seconds waiting for the words to pull up... Then we sang and it sounded horrible and I wanted to die the whole time. Haha! It was so funny. I couldn't stop laughing after wards because I couldn't believe what I had just experienced. After the baptism, I went and made a personal apology to President and Sister Mortensen. They just laughed and said it was great. My life. The end. 

We were able to extend four baptisms dates this week. We are working hard with all of them to get them ready to make and keep covenants! We have a cute little family that is getting ready to be baptized! We just need to get them to come to church... Pray for them!!! This area is so fun! We also got to go see wild alligators last pday. We went to this members house who owns a bunch of land and he took us on a little safari adventure in the back of his truck. It was a blast! The gators were just swimming around in the lake! There was about 20 of them! I shed a tear when we left because for the first time in my life I could say "see ya later alligator" to a bunch of alligators. Mark that off my bucket list. 

Well I hope y'all have a wonderful week this week! Keep doing the things that bring lasting happiness! I love you all! 

Hermana Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment