Monday, July 13, 2015

Hace Calor....

Hello Friends!
It is really hot here in Texas. Really. Hot. And no one believes in air conditioning. I have never been so sweaty in my entire life. My mission has turned me into a better person spiritually but physically.. I am just always kinda nappy. Its whatever! We had another great week in good ole Conroe. I have learned that each area has different struggles and strengths. One of the biggest struggles in this area is getting people to read the Book of Mormon. For the first time in my life I have had people tell me they won't read the Book of Mormon because they don't want to or because it doesn't interest them. It makes me so sad. We are trying really hard to get them to understand that the Book of Mormon is so key to their conversion. If they do not read the Book of Mormon, they are not going to understand the fullness of the gospel. And if they don't understand the gospel, they are not going to be able to make covenants and qualify for eternal life!!! READ THE BOOK OF MORMON PEOPLE!!!!!!! Just a voice of warning to anyone who does not read from the Book of Mormon every single day.. I have seen that the biggest reason for people becoming less active is failure to read from the sacred pages of the Book of Mormon. Testimonies slip when they are not consistently being fed from the scriptures. We are promised that as we read from the Book of Mormon every single day, we will receive the strength to endure in our trials and afflictions. Everybody read the Book of Mormon!!!!!! 

We taught a bunch of lessons this week! We have done a good job at talking to everyone and teaching as we find. We were able to find 12 new investigators this week! I love this area and the people so much! We also had Zone Meeting this week. I love Zone Meetings! They are always so spiritually uplifting! We were told that the Texas Houston Mission is the top mission in the South West right now as far as baptisms and retaining members and finding. It is so fun to be involved with such a great work in such a great place! 

Fun fact, one of the members lives on an old Boy Scout camp and it is filled with Alligators. Honestly, I had no idea gators lived in Texas.. But I guess they do! There are also a bunch of wild hogs and armadillos everywhere. It is like I live in a little zoo! Haha! 

Well I hope you all have a wonderful week! I love ya! Keep smiling and serving everyone around you!

Love,
Hermana Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment